Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne and others -"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at the 2004 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions - Gabriel Lorden





Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne and others -"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at the 2004 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions - Gabriel Lorden



"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" - Beatles



I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping

While my guitar gently weeps

I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping

Still my guitar gently weeps



I don't know why nobody told you

How to unfold your love

I don't know how someone controlled you

They bought and sold you



I look at the world and I notice it's turning

While my guitar gently weeps

With every mistake we must surely be learning

Still my guitar gently weeps



Well...



I don't know how you were diverted

You were perverted too

I don't know how you were inverted

No one alerted you



I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping

While my guitar gently weeps

Look at you all

Still my guitar gently weeps



Oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh, oh



Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh, ooh

Inspiration for the song came to George Harrison when reading the I Ching,
which, as Harrison described "seemed to me
to be based on the Eastern concept that everything is relative to
everything else... opposed to the Western view
that things are merely coincidental." Taking this idea of relativism
to his parents’ home in northern England, Harrison committed to writing a song
based on the first words he saw upon opening a random book. Those words were
“gently weeps”, and he immediately began writing the legendary song. 

Posted by Gabriel Lorden

Posted by Gabriel Lorden of Philadelphia, Pa.


Where else can you find Gabe Lorden?

Click to view the 10 Great Life Lessons of Gabe Lorden.
Click to view the Favorite Motivational Quotes of Gabe Lorden.
Click to view the Imagination at Work site of Gabe Lorden. 
Click to view the Live and Let Live website of Gabe Lorden.
Click to view the Hubble Space Telescope website of Gabe Lorden, 
Click to view the Professional Profile website of Gabe Lorden.
The official Facebook website of Gabriel Lorden.
The official LinkedIn website of Gabriel Lorden.
The official Twitter account of Gabriel Lorden. 
The official Google Plus site of Gabriel Lorden. 
The official YouTube site of Gabriel Lorden. 
Click HERE if you would like to see Gabe Lorden's official Photobucket web site. 
Click HERE if you would like to see Gabe Lorden's official Pinterest web site.
Click HERE if you would like to see Gabe Lorden's official Flickr web site. 
Click HERE if you would like to see Gabe Lorden's official 500px web site. 
The official Blogspot website for Gabe Lorden.
The official WordPress website for Gabe Lorden.
The official Quora website for Gabe Lorden.
The official Google Site website for Gabe Lorden.
The official Bleeding Green website by Gabe Lorden.

The official Metropolitan Magic website of Gabe Lorden.



No comments:

Post a Comment